Velvet fabric – soft and shiny
In the past there have been some language confusions about the German word ‘Nicki’. In the GDR, for example, Nicki was called what was called a T-shirt in the West. There again Nicki always meant something made of velvety, thicker fabric - the Velvet fabric! You see - it's not that simple!
Here at Lebenskleidung, the Velvet fabric is above all one thing: cuddly soft, velvety beautiful and an indispensable All Season Trend! While it used to be used more in casual fashion, it is now also used for luxurious outfits - and rightly so, as we think! That's why it will always have a firm place in our portfolio and in our hearts.
Items 1-12 of 13
Lebenskleidung Velvet fabric – for clothing and accessories
Our Velvet fabric is made of 100% GOTS certified cotton, which is not woven but knitted. An additional thread is incorporated, which forms loops on the surface. Once the fabric is finished, it is cut open and the velour is more elastic than woven fabric - without any elastane at all.
- You can use Velvet fabric for almost anything you can think of. It goes just as well with cool shirts that meet somewhere between sportswear and glamour as with children's pyjamas.
- Because Velvet fabric is a top seller with us, you get it all year round in many different colors. Classic tones like black, white or grey find their place here as well as bright colours or a little more shy melanges - because we know exactly how difficult it can be to decide.
- As Velvet fabric is elastic by nature, it is best to use a non-slip underlay for the cut - this will make your life easier in any case. When sewing, you have to make sure that the seam allowance is uniform everywhere.
- Velvet fabric is easy to care for. It doesn't like it too hot and doesn't have to be ironed - because it is usually smooth and shiny even without much effort.
- Our advice: Free Velvet fabric from its role as a leisure fabric! Use it for cushion covers or throws - you will not regret it!