Percal – fine threads and a smooth touch
Percal is a fabric that owes its name to the Persian name for cloth: Pargalah. And this fabric is just as fine as a cloth: it is densely woven in plain weave, yet has a light grammage and a beautiful sheen.
We'll explain to you below what else it has to offer.
Lebenskleidung organic Percal – what you need to know about it
Percal is a material that is durable and has a very high wearing comfort. With us you get it with 100% organic cotton and without further bells and whistles.
- Percal is breathable and cooling - and therefore not so far away from the linen, just made of cotton. Because of these properties you can use it especially for your summer bed linen or airy throws.
- We currently offer organic Percal in three colours that are unagitated and leave plenty of room for more eye-catching accessories. With them you always make the right choice.
- At first glance you can easily confuse percale with batiste - but it is much more densely woven and therefore much more durable!
- Percal is available in different variations. A real luxury is the Mako percal made of Egyptian cotton, which is one of the most valuable in the world. Down percal, on the other hand, is a so-called bulk material, which is filled with down and is needed for duvets.
- Percal can be washed up to 60°. We advise against this, however, since our ecological awareness naturally reaches into the washing machine and in most cases it is sufficient to wash the laundry at 30° or 40°.